Success Principles | Get Over It
It’s rare that I am in a bad mood these days. Like, seriously rare. And when it does happen it throws my poor friends and family for a serious loop. They don’t really know what to do with me!
For whatever reason, this weekend landed me in a rotten funk that I could NOT get out of!
I blame it on a simple case of overwhelm… the past two weeks have been crazy hectic, and when my horse came up lame 3 days before the first horse show of the year… well, that was the proverbial “straw that broke the camel’s back”.
I wallowed in my grumpiness for a little while, but knew that couldn’t go on for long if I wanted to go out and have a productive, uplifting week this week.
So, I got busy getting happy.
After all, happiness is a decision that is 100% in your control!
So here are some things I did this weekend to ditch my bad mood. And the next time you get a case of the “blahs” (and let’s face it, we ALL get them), these tips can help you snap yourself back into a state of bliss:
- Get Outside: Science proves that sometimes all you need is a little Vitamin D. So go smell the roses and tiptoe through the tulips. A little time with mother nature and you’re almost guaranteed to feel a bit lighter 🙂
- Get Around People Who Make It Easy to Be Happy:Happiness comes from within. I learned this long ago and it is one of the chief cornerstones to my philosophy on life. Sometimes though, we all need a little help from our friends.(Helpful Hint: Kids are AWESOME for this!!)
- Help Someone: Nothing puts you in a state of gratitude faster than helping another human being. Don’t believe me? Try it. I triple-dog-dare you not to smile.
- Read something: No… not a trashy romance novel. Something positive, something uplifting! My choice for this weekend was Funny Side Up by Rita Davenport.
- Take a Look At Your Goals: Feeling down? Look ahead! Looking over your goals and taking some time to do a little dream building is an excellent way to lift your spirits.
- Get Organized: You may hate me for this one, but a cluttered environment = a cluttered mind. I spent over an hour this weekend jamming out to my favorite music while washing, vacuuming and armour-all-ing (is that a word?) the Range Rover. Not only was the jam session nice, but I walked away feeling organized, productive.
- Listen to Something: Is a book not getting it done for ya? Tune in to a conference call or recorded training that’s sure to get you fired up. This weekend, I tuned in to a call hosted by one of my mentors. When that hour was up I was SO excited about the week ahead I had almost forgotten about my bad mood!
- When All Else Fails….There is absolutely nothing wrong with a pint of Haagen-Dazs. 🙂
So here’s the deal — bad moods happen.
And anyone who pretends they never get one is a liar. NO ONE is immune!!
One of the key determining factors between people who are successful and people who are not is the ability to quickly ditch the bad moods and get back into a state of happiness.
Successful people know that…
Bad moods crush dreams.
Bad moods activate the Law of Attraction in a NEGATIVE way.
Bad moods my happen, but it is our responsibility to make them UNhappen.
Today has been an awesome day. Yesterday sucked.
Absolutely nothing in my life has changed since yesterday.
My “To Do” list is still way too long, there are still a million and one things on my calendar and my horse is still lame.
So what’s the difference?
Absolutely no one can control the state of your mood but yourself. We cannot control everything that happens to us, but we can control how we react to it.
So that’s it… go out and make it a great week. I know I sure plan to 🙂
Did you like this article? Leave a comment below!
Powered by Facebook Comments